Temporary Residents and Private Patients
We offer urgent appointments for patients who are temporarily staying within the practice catchment area. Before phoning the surgery to request a temporary registration, please consider the following:
- Appointments for temporary residents are for urgent matters only. Please only telephone the practice if your situation simply cannot wait to be considered by your own GP.
- Urgent appointments will only be offered on the day, as and when they are available.
- If you require an urgent supply of medication, please consider seeing a Pharmacist for this before contacting the GP practice.
- If you are staying with friends/relatives, you should be seen by the practice with which they are registered.
- If you will be living within the catchment area for more than 3 months, you should register permanently with the practice.
- You may be asked for proof of identification.
- You may be required to pay to be seen on an urgent and temporary basis by the practice. Our reception staff can advise you further on this.
If you require to be seen on an urgent and temporary basis as detailed above, please contact the enquiries line on 0131 260 9233.